We are a well-established and fast growing full-service residential glass company seeking an experienced glazing estimator for an immediate full-time position in an up-beat, supportive and low-stress environment. The desired candidate will possess strong communication skills, a positive attitude and ability to work well with others. Candidates should have a good working knowledge of insulated glass units, replacement windows, shower enclosures, mirrors, and other residential glass applications. Competitive wage based on experience as well as Health Insurance, 401K participation, vacation and sick leave benefits after the first year of employment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Estimator position is the primary sales position in the company. Estimators are charged with delivering the customer experience in the home and/or showroom. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with customers in the home and/or showroom to develop a complete understanding of customer need(s)
- Make proactive suggestions of company products & services that address customer need(s)
- Convey and manage realistic customer expectations
- As appropriate, accurately measure rough openings / space to facilitate accurate pricing and ordering
- Generate legible and accurate shop drawings for quotes/jobs as required
- Develop professional quotation(s) and present to customer(s) in a prompt fashion
- Capture all additional relevant details about the customer and/or job location to facilitate a successful
- Effectively communicate job and customer details to other team members, including front office and Installation to facilitate success.
- Entry of relevant details into company sales software in a timely manner
- Proactively follow up with customers on pending sales quotes
- Proactively communicate with company vendors, including ordering of materials required for sold jobs
- Promptly follow up with customers post-installation to ensure that they are satisfied with the materials, workmanship, and service that the customer received.
- Self-generate leads through effective promotion of company products and services to potential customers through a variety of means including, but not limited to home shows, B2B networking, cold-calling, etc.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- 1 years residential glass experience (glazing, ordering, estimating, and/or office/project management)
- In-home sales experience preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- All candidates must pass initial background check and drug test
The Glass Guru
In 2002 our company founders Dan and Joy Frey of Granite Bay, CA learned of a process being used in Canada to restore the visible and thermal qualities of failed dual-pane windows. After much research and recognizing the market potential of this new green and money-saving alternative to replacements, they formed The Glass Guru (originally Glass Wizard) and in August 2004 became the first company in the US to offer the foggy window repair service to the public.
As the only company providing this new solution to such a common problem, the company grew quickly and soon expanded into offering additional niche restoration services like glass stain and scratch removal as well as traditional replacement services such as window glass, screens, showers, windows and doors.
After years in development, The Glass Guru launched its franchise program in January 2007. With over 80 active locations and growing, we are the fastest growing brand in the industry. Offering the best of cutting-edge restorations as well as in-demand replacement services, our franchise program is a uniquely bundled full-service glass franchise concept unlike any other. The glass and window industry is growing with great future prospects. The Glass Guru franchise program offers entrepreneurs from any background the opportunity to open their own glass and window restoration and replacement business, with a proven business plan, marketing tools, training and experienced support team to help them achieve their goals.
The Glass Guru is a company on the grow, and we're always looking for qualified, motivated estimators, glaziers, and office staff who would like to be part of a growing, profitable company that provides training, opportunity, security, and pride for its employees.
Company Website: www.theglassguru.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)