Roles & Responsibilities:
The Glazier / Installer position is the primary product fulfillment position in the company. Glaziers / Installers are charged with delivering the customer experience in the home as part of the final fulfillment (installation) process.
- Thoroughly inspect job materials, ensuring the product(s) are the correct size & style, and that there is no obvious product damage or flaws on product(s) required to complete job(s)
- Load required job materials to installation vehicle(s), including redundant materials, tools, job folder/paperwork, safety equipment etc...
- Communicate to office AND customer if we'll be late for scheduled installation appointment
- Upon arrival at customers home, validate the work to be completed, the product(s) to be installed, installation location(s), and the estimated time it will take to complete the job, and customer expectations, and manage those expectations accordingly.
- Install all products and services included in the work order, troubleshoot, and strive to resolve any installation problems that might occur on-site
- If it's not possible to safely perform a quality service or installation on the date promised, effectively note all issues, and required materials necessary to complete the installation to the customers satisfaction at a later date.
- Communicate with relevant team members regarding incomplete work, ensuring that any new materials are ordered, the cause of the go-back can be discerned, and that customer expectations can be managed accordingly.
- Take care of the customer's home/business, ensuring we leave it cleaner than when we found it... use booties, etc...
- Close out the installation by walking customer through the care and maintenance of products, walk them through warrantee (if applicable) and how to contact us if they ever need service or have additional questions
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- 4+ years residential glass installation experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- All candidates must pass initial background check and drug test. Valid license to drive, and a clean DMV record
- Candidates must be physically capable of performing work, in good health, with the ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted
- Residential glass replacement including single/double pane window glass, shower enclosures, skylights, etc...
- Residential window/door installation including new construction and retrofit
- Window/door maintenance, weatherization, and repair
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel) preferred
- Hardworking, motivated, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
Additional Benefits: Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan, Company Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K*
*Eligibility for company benefits contingent upon completion of initial employee probationary period
The Glass Guru
In 2002 our company founders Dan and Joy Frey of Granite Bay, CA learned of a process being used in Canada to restore the visible and thermal qualities of failed dual-pane windows. After much research and recognizing the market potential of this new green and money-saving alternative to replacements, they formed The Glass Guru (originally Glass Wizard) and in August 2004 became the first company in the US to offer the foggy window repair service to the public.
As the only company providing this new solution to such a common problem, the company grew quickly and soon expanded into offering additional niche restoration services like glass stain and scratch removal as well as traditional replacement services such as window glass, screens, showers, windows and doors.
After years in development, The Glass Guru launched its franchise program in January 2007. With over 80 active locations and growing, we are the fastest growing brand in the industry. Offering the best of cutting-edge restorations as well as in-demand replacement services, our franchise program is a uniquely bundled full-service glass franchise concept unlike any other. The glass and window industry is growing with great future prospects. The Glass Guru franchise program offers entrepreneurs from any background the opportunity to open their own glass and window restoration and replacement business, with a proven business plan, marketing tools, training and experienced support team to help them achieve their goals.
The Glass Guru is a company on the grow, and we're always looking for qualified, motivated estimators, glaziers, and office staff who would like to be part of a growing, profitable company that provides training, opportunity, security, and pride for its employees.
Company Website: www.theglassguru.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)